About Me

My photo
I believe that my purpose on this planet is to raise the collective human consciousness and to urge humanity towards maturation. The way in which I live my life informs my approach to making art. For me, the subjects and mediums vary while the process of making maintains a focus on the subconscious flow of energy. I am currently combining installation, performance and video art together in an experimental and collaborative manner. While completing my education as a painting major at Savannah College of Art and Design, I continue to collaborate with my partner Matthew Cooper on our Dreamtime Synastry live art performance. I will also continue to pursue her own direction in making art objects that respond to my growing understanding of energy.

Friday, February 10, 2012

Dasvandh - the art of giving back

 
DON’T MISS THE TAKE
There is a subtle voice, a Light that lives inside of us and whispers to us.  Which path to take.  Which decision to make.  Sometimes, the thoughts of the mind can drown out that voice-and the result is that we make a “mistake.”  “Miss” the “take”- something that the Divine wanted to give us- but were not there, in a position to receive.  The best way to be in a position to receive is to learn to give.  Not from fear, or a sense of obligation, but to just give- from love, from joy, from the truth spoken by your deepest, truest self.  Put yourself in a position to receive.  The way to do this is...SURRENDER YOUR MIND TO YOUR SPIRIT
BY Yogi Bhajan, from page 85 of The Mind- Its Projections and Multiple Facets

No comments:

Post a Comment